(1) Epoxy primer: good adhesion to the substrate, good […]
(1) Epoxy primer: good adhesion to the substrate, good resistance to water, alkali and chemical corrosion, but its flexibility is not as good as other primers.
(2) Polyester-Amino Primer: It has good adhesion to the substrate and excellent flexibility, but it is sensitive to humid environment and chemically resistant to epoxy primer.
(3) Water-soluble acrylic primer: good adhesion to the substrate, good flexibility, less organic solvent, low temperature curing, but not suitable for storage in humid environment, high pretreatment requirements.
(4) Polyurethane (polyester-polyurethane) primer: good chemical resistance, abrasion resistance, durability and flexibility. The epoxy resin used in epoxy primers is based on E-06 or E-03 of bisphenol A. The main difference between today's epoxy primer formulations for coils and earlier formulations is that it has a lower titanium dioxide content. A safer solvent is used, and the limiting factor is the price.